Cheese and ham pie
- 500g fluffy dough (ready-made or homemade) in 2 thick sheets
- some butter or olive oil for the pan
- 500g mixed soft cheeses (kaseri, anthotyro, mozzarella) grated
- 3 eggs lightly beaten with 1/2 cup milk
- 10 slices of ham
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk extra
Preheat the oven to 180° C. Mix in a bowl the cheeses with eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Brush with oil or butter a round baking pan and lay in a sheet of dough.
Put on the dough sheet the slices of the ham and pour the cheese-mixture over. Cover with the second dough sheet.
Brush the surface of the pie with the extra egg yolk and bake it in preheated oven for 50 '- 55' until golden brown.