Triangle mini pies with vegetables and Greek yogurt
Ingredients for 18-20 mini pies
- 1 packet (6-7 sheets) of traditional pastry for pies (filo)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of mixed greens (spinach, chard, Mediterranean hartworts, French parsleys)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet frumenty
- 500 g. (17.6 oz) feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 200 g. (7.1 oz) yoghurt
Wash the greens and drain them really well. Sprinkle them with salt. Pour them into a bowl and add the frumenty and oil.
Beat the eggs with the yogurt and add the grated feta cheese. Add salt and pepper if needed. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the greens and stir them. The filling should be relatively tight, not watery.
Sprinkle each pastry sheet with olive oil and melted butter together. Cut each sheet lengthwise, into three oblong strips. Put 1 full tablespoon of filling at one end of the strip and brush the rest of the sheet with olive oil.
Roll the strip with the filling in a triangle shape, brush the surface of the triangle with olive oil and melted butter. Repeat the process until the filling is exhausted and then place the triangle pies in a well greased baking pan. Bake the mini pies at 200° C (392° F) for 30' to 35' minutes, until they turn golden brown.