Clementine pie with syrup and yogurt
- 1 packet filo pastry sheets
- 1 glass sunflower oil
- 1 glass sugar
- peel from 3 clementines
- 1 sachet baking powder (roughly 1-2 tsp)
- vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tub (200g) low fat Greek yogurt
- For the syrup:
- 3 glasses water
- 2 glasses sugar
- peel and juice from 2 large clementines
- thin clementine slices for decoration (optional)
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the filo pastry, and mix until smooth.
Using your hands, tear the filo pastry sheets into small pieces, and mix with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Grease a baking tin with olive oil and add the cake mixture.
Bake at 180°C until golden (about 35 minutes. Prepare the syrup by boiling all the ingredients together and mixing until thick. LEave the cake to cool, then add the syrup. Leave for 5 minutes until the syrup is absorbed, then cut into slices. Serve on its own or with a scoop of kaimaki or vanilla ice cream.