Veal in tomato sauce with wine (Kokkinisto moscharaki krasato)
- olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- veal: 1,5 kg, cut into cubes
- onions: 2, finely chopped
- vegetable stock cube: 1
- red wine: 1½ cup
- celery: 2 stalks, finely chopped
- carrots: 3 carrots, cut into cubes
- tomato puree: 2 tablespoons
- garlic: 2 cloves minced
- parsley: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- pepper freshly ground
Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the cubes of meat until brown on all sides for 5-6 minutes. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon. Add the onions to the pot and let them brown. Put the meat back in the pot.
Dissolve the stock cube in 2½ cups of hot water. Add the wine, celery, carrots, tomato puree, garlic and stock in the pot and simmer over a very low heat for 1½ - 2 hours until the water has evaporated and the meat is left in the sauce.
Serve the meat sprinkled with parsley and accompany with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.