Prawn saganaki (Garides saganaki)
- prawns: 1 ½ kilo medium or small
- feta cheese: 300 gr.
- tinned tomatoes: 400 gr., finely chopped
- onions: 2, finely chopped
- garlic: 3 cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil: ½ cup
- ouzo: 4 tbs.
- parsley: 1 cup, finely chopped
- salt : a bit
- pepper: freshly ground
Clean and devein the shrimp, and parboil in a bit of water that you will keep for later. Leave them to drain in a colander.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the tomatoes, the ouzo and the water in which the shrimps boiled. Add salt and pepper and let the sauce cook and bind. Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Add the parboiled shrimps and stir. Add the cheese, the ouzo and half the parsley. Stir and pour the contents of the pot into an ovenproof dish. Cook for 15-20 minutes so that the cheese melts. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.