- For the sponge:
- 12 eggs
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp semolina
- 4 tbsp flour
- vanilla extract
- For the filling:
- 500g chocolate spread
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- For the syrup:
- 2 glasses sugar
- 2 glasses water
- Prepare the sponge: Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the sugar and yolks together in a bowl or mixer. Beat the egg whites until they turn into a meringue, and fold softly into the yolk and sugar mixture. Add the vanilla extract and add the semolina and flour, alternating between the two while continuing to stir the mixture.
- Line a rectangular baking dish with parchment paper and add the sponge mixture. Spread the mixture evenly using a spatula, until the entire dish is covered. Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for about 30 minutes.
- Boil the ingredients for the syrup for 3 minutes, and leave it to cool.
- Once the sponge has been baked, add the syrup and leave to cool for 5 min. Spread the chocolate spread and hazelnuts onto the sponge. Roll up the cake, together with the parchment paper, and leave it to cool completely.
- Remove the parchment paper and, if desired, cover with chocolate spread and hazelnuts. Serve.