Egg-free, dairy-free pie with greens
- spinach: 1 kilo, finely chopped
- dill: ½ bunch, finely chopped
- spring onions: 4-5, finely chopped
- chervil: 300 gr., finely chopped, 1 cup
- onion: 1, finely chopped
- bur chervil: 300 gr., finely chopped
- leeks: 2, finely chopped
- olive oil: 1 cup
- salt: a bit
- pepper freshly ground
- For the pastry
- flour: 500 gr.
- salt a bit
- vinegar 2-3 tbs.
- olive oil a bit
Prepare a firm dough with the flour, salt, a bit of warm water and vinegar. Knead very well and separate it into 6 pieces. Roll three of the pieces with a rolling pin to make round pita shapes. Join the first three pitas by placing one on top of the other after you have brushed them with oil.
Press down to join them well, and use the rolling pin to make one thicker sheet of pastry. Make another sheet in the same manner. To prepare the filling: place all the greens in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt. Take small portions into your hands and squeeze to get rid of excess water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the greens until they are wilted. Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper. Place the first sheet of pastry in a baking dish so that the bottom and sides are covered. Add the filling and cover with the second pastry sheet. Roll down the edges and drizzle some olive oil on top. Bake for 1 hour approximately until it is golden brown.