Dessert with biscuits and vanilla cream
- 300 g. (10.6 oz) Ladyfingers (biscuits) (you can substitute half of them with chocolate biscuits)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- the peel of a lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the cream
- 1 lt (33.8 US fl oz) of milk
- 120 g. (4.2 oz) corn flour
- 100 g. (3.5 oz) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla essence or a vanilla stick torn along
- 100 g. (3.5 oz) peels of chocolate and a little cocoa for garnishing
Using sugar, water, cinnamon and the lemon peel you prepare a light syrup and allow it to cool off slightly. Then you remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon.
Put the milk with the vanilla in a pot and heat it, without boiling, over medium heat. Filter it through a fine strainer. In a bowl, mix the corn flour with the sugar and add a little of the filtered hot milk.
Pour the remaining filtered milk in the pot and before it starts boiling, add the mixture with the corn flour and stir constantly until the cream thickens.
Put half of the Ladyfingers in a rectangular mold and sprinkle them with half of the syrup. Then, if you like, you can sprinkle them with a little cocoa also. Pour half of the cream in the mold, put above it another layer of Ladyfingers, then syrup again and finally the remaining cream on top. Garnish with sweet chocolate peels and cocoa, as you see in the picture and serve.