Chicken pie with anthotyro cheese and herbs
- 500g fluffy dough (ready-made or homemade*) in 2 thick sheets
- 500g boiled or baked chicken (skinless and boneless) in cubes
- 100g anthotyro cheese in pieces
- 100g blue cheese in pieces
- 3 tbs of herbs (parsley, dill and chives) finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 150g butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 100ml cream milk
- salt, pepper
In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbs of butter and saute the onions. Remove from heat and add some salt and pepper. When onions get cool, pour them into a bowl.
Add the chicken, the cheeses and the herbs. Beat the eggs with the milk cream and some pepper and pour them into the chicken mixture. Stir well.
Lay one pastry sheet into an elongated baking dish by covering bottom and sides. Spread the filling and cover with the second sheet. Bake the pie 1 hour in preheated oven at 180 ° C.
*To make homemade fluffy dough you will need: 300g all-purpose flour, 150 g butter, 150g Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg. Knead the butter with the flour and the baking powder. Add the yogurt, the egg and salt and continue kneading. Leave the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then use it.