- 6-8 filo or yufka pastry sheets
- 13-15 (120-150g) slices of beef pastrami
- 350g kaseri cheese, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 long and thin green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- freshly grated pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Thinly slice the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Grease a baking tin and layer three pastry sheets, brushing each one with oil. Layer the pastrami slices on top, followed by the cheese, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, peppers, followed by the reminaing cheese slices.
Cover the pie with the remaining three pastry sheets, greasing each one with olive oil. Grease the top pastry sheet and sprinkle the black sessame seeds on top. Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 45 minutes. Serve hot.