- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 12 aubergines, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 200ml olive oil
- juce of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 300g goat's cheese, cut into pieces
- Slice the aubergines thickly. Place in a bowl with salted water (making sure the water covers them), and leave them for 30 minutes. Mix the onion, garlic, tomatoes (if using), parsley, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drain and dry the aubegines. Brush each slice with a little olive oil and grill in a barbecue or nonstick pan.
- Place the grilled aubergines on a flat surface and place a piece of goat's cheese at the centre of each aubergine slice. Fold the slices into rolls and secure using toothpicks.
- In an ovenproof earthenware dish with a lid, add the tomato mixture, then add the aubergine rolls. Top with the rest of the olive oil, lemon juice, and a little water.
- Cover with tin foil and the lid, and bake at 200 °C for 40’-45’, until most of the liquid has evaporated.