Light chicken soup (no eggs, no rice)
- 1/2 chicken (for an even lighter dish, use only chicken breast and wings)
- 2liters water
- 1-2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2-3 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
In a large pot, boil the chicken. When done, lower the heat and remove any foam from the top of the water, using a spoon. Continue bouling until the meat separates from the bone. Remove from the pot and set aside.
Add all the vegetables to the pot. Add the olive oil, if using (depending on how fatty your chicken is, and on how low-calorie you want your soup to be). Add salt and pepper and boil for 25 minutes, topping up with warm water if necessary.
Meanwhile, remove the bones from the chicken, and cut into small pieces. When the vegetables are done, remove the pot from the fire. Add the chicken, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste, and serve.