Breaded meatballs with cheese
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs fennel seed , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
For the stuffing
- 500 gr. cheddar cheese cut into diced
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, the onion, the garlic, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, the parsley, the egg, the fennel seed, gruyere cheese, salt, pepper. Mix until well combined.
Shape the meatballs mixture into balls, and then press a dice of cheddar cheese into each.
Once all of the meatballs have been stuffed, roll them in the flour, then in the yolk and finely in the breadcrumbs.
Fry in hot olive oil until golden brown on all sides and drain on a paper towel. Serve piping hot