- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fresh myzithra cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ raki shot
- Place the flour, olive oil, raki, salt and water in a large bowl. Knead to create a soft dough. Set the dough aside, cover with a towel and let rise for one hour.
- Shape the dough into palm-sized balls and fill with a tablespoon of myzithra.
- Allow to rest for a while as well. Then, take one ball of dough and roll it out with a rolling pin to a thin circular-shaped phyllo (thinly rolled out pastry) about 20 inches in diameter (ideally).
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the phyllo and fry for 1 minute on each side until a little golden. Your sfakiani pita is ready! While still hot, drizzle with a generous amount of thyme honey – or sesame if you like- and serve.